The year may almost be over, but before Heavenly Flowers closes its doors for the holiday break, several staff members have completed their fire safety, evacuation and first aid training.
The practical and insightful training sessions, provided by the metro, have equipped the staff at the school with vital skills heading into the New Year.
Key areas covered in the training included:
• Understanding the major causes of fires in the workplace.
• How to prevent fires.
• Identifying potential fire hazards and reporting them.
• Awareness of fire safety devices in offices and buildings.
• What to do if a fire breaks out.
• How to properly evacuate quietly and calmly.
• How to prepare for a fire emergency.
• Knowledge and maintenance of fire protection systems, and how to identify and use fire extinguishers.
The team were also taught basic first aid, participated in emergency drills, and learned about the importance of keeping their class attendance registers up to date.
“A huge thank you to Tefo Qothelo for the training and for answering all the questions we had in such a friendly and professional manner,” said Heavenly Flowers owner Heidi Searl.
“It is always a pleasure being in your presence, and we agree that by educating ourselves we can educate our students and the community.”
Have a story?
Remember to visit the Germiston City News on the following social media platforms:
Or add the GCN on WhatsApp 079 406 1181 or BBM (BBM Pin: 7F102137) today, to get all the latest news.