Rene Stewart, Rustivia writes:
Everybody tells us we should be grateful for the R6-million upgrade to our community.
We are grateful, BUT:
• I have a wet kitchen floor due to damage to the water inlet of my washing machine.
• Our equipment was never built to withstand all the bursts of pressure when water flow is restored after all the water outages. I have a claim form, yes, but you have to supply the council with proof of ownership, three quotes and then wait for ages before consideration is given to your claim.
• I have a broken gate motor whose motherboard had to be replaced due to power outages and power surges when power is restored.
• Noise and air pollution due to all the cars and heavy trucks travelling through our community 24/7.
• Damage to tyres by our now potholed roads. This damage was incurred by visitors to the area collecting and dropping off my son for work. When offering to get them a claim form, the retort is, “We need to use our vehicle and cannot wait for a claim to be processed.”
• The road rage manifested by road users towards the inhabitants of Rustivia when attempting to exit and enter your own property.
• Stop signs are not adhered to.
• When we requested the EMPD to come and assist, they came on two occasions and thereafter – nothing.
My worst complaint is the many lies told to us in order to placate our frayed nerves.
Not one deadline has been adhered to.
There was no proper signage erected until we insisted on it.
We have experienced a sudden surge in robberies in our area.
These are but a few items I can think of right now but I am sure other residents can add to this list.
Have a story?
Remember to visit the Germiston City News on the following social media platforms:
Or add the GCN on WhatsApp 079 406 1181 or BBM (BBM Pin: 7F102137) today, to get all the latest news.