The metro invites organisations located in Ekurhuleni to apply for Grant-in-Aid assistance for the 2018/2019 financial year.
Applications are open until October 31.
The Grant-in-Aid funding is one of the metro’s development programmes set to financially assist organisations that share a common mission of improving the quality of life for residents of Ekurhuleni.
Proposals for funding should focus on providing creative and innovative programmes or services that address the following priority areas:
• Sports, recreation, arts and culture (SRAC) and social cohesion.
• Local economic development and sustainable job creation.
• Health and social development.
Applicants may only submit one application per organisation.
All proposals must be accompanied by the following documentation:
• A signed copy of the organisation’s constitution.
• A certified copy of the registration certificate of the company or organisation.
• A copy of the organisation’s latest municipal account.
• Business plan and estimated budget.
• All applications for amounts in excess of R100 000 must be accompanied by the most recent audited financial statements of the company/organisation.
• Applicants for grants of less than R100 000 must submit a certified bank statement.
Organisations funded under the SRAC and health and social development categories in 2017/18 will not be considered, while organisations funded under the economic development category in 2015/16 and succeeding financial years will not be considered.
This is due to the fact that a cooling off period of three years is applicable for the economic development sector, while a cooling off period of a year is applicable for both the SRAC and health and social development sectors.
Applications must only be submitted on a prescribed form available at all Customer Care Centres and the Grant-in-Aid administrative support office situated at the metro’s head office in Germiston.
Applications can be submitted to the Grant-in-Aid administrative support office situated on the second floor of the metro’s head office on the corner of Cross and Rose streets in the Germiston CBD or posted to Private Bag X1069, Germiston, 1401.
For more information contact the following officials:
• Mbongeni Ndlela, economic development: 011 999 7737.
• Willy Kekana, sports, recreation, arts and culture: 011 999 6379/0509.
• Audrey Fihla, health and social development: 011 999 2517.
• Joseph Selolo, Grant-in-Aid admin support: 011 999 0794.
All applications for Grant-in-Aid funding will be assessed in accordance with the allocation of the Grant-in-Aid Policy and must conform to the Municipal Finance Management Act 56 of 2003.
Have a story?
Remember to visit the Germiston City News on the following social media platforms:
Or add the GCN on WhatsApp 079 406 1181 or BBM (BBM Pin: 7F102137) today, to get all the latest news.